Call Committee Updates
After a lengthy discussion of the results from the congregational survey, the voting members present at the November 22nd Voters Meeting decided to call our new pastor from the field.
The call committee is now accepting nominations from the congregation for pastors in the field that should be considered along with nominations from our District offices.
Anyone interested in nominating a pastor for consideration can download a form ⟹here⟸, or pick up a paper copy from the table in the narthex at Grace. Nominations will be accepted through January 19th, 2020.
Our Call Process In Brief
- Vacancy Pastor found.
- Call Committee appointed.
- Congregational Survey Completed.
- Voters decided to call from the field rather than the seminary.
- Accept Nominations & Complete church profile information.
- Submit congregational nominations and names to District Offices.
- Receive District nominations and biographical information from the District.
- Call Committee completes initial vetting of potential call candidates.
- Call Committee releases short list of candidates for congregational review/objection.
- Call Committee narrows list down to finalists for congregational consideration.
- Voting members discuss finalists and decide on a single candidate.
- Call Committee completes paperwork and the congregation officially extends a call to the selected candidate.
- Called candidate considers and accepts or rejects the call.
- If accepted, Grace starts the process to welcome the new pastor.
- If declined, Voters meet again to discuss and select a new candidate to call. The process repeats until a pastor accepts.